|Baxley, Melissa||Director of Media Services/Instructional Technology||850-547-9341 x252|
|Pinnella, Michael||Director of Network Operations||850-547-9341 x255|
|Thomas, Dale||Systems Administrator||850-547-9341 x263|
|Zorn, Jace||Technician||850-547-9341 x263|
|Zorn, Kevin||Technician||850-547-9341 x263|
Instructions for Setting Up HDSB Email on iPhone or iPad
Follow these steps to set up your HDSB email account your iPhone or iPad device:
IMPORTANT!!! YOU MUST HAVE LOGGED INTO YOUR EMAIL THROUGH OUTLOOK OR THE OUTLOOK WEB APP BEFORE YOU CAN LOGON WITH YOUR PHONE!
1. Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account > Microsoft Exchange.
2. Enter the information in the fields below, then hit Next:
3. Your device will now try to locate the email server. If necessary, you may need to enter some information again. It is the same as above unless otherwise noted.
If it gives you an authentication or bad password error, try clearing the password field and retyping your password.
4. Choose which content you would like to synchronize: Mail, Contacts, and Calendars. Tap Save when finished.
Instructions for Setting Up HDSB Email on Android Device
Follow these steps to set up your HDSB email account on your Android device:
- Go to SETTINGS > ACCOUNTS > ADD ACCOUNT
- Choose MICROSOFT EXCHANGE ACTIVESYNC
- Enter your email address and Outlook password, then choose NEXT
- Under domain\username, enter hdsb\<your username> (e.g. hdsb\millerj)
- Under password, enter your password
- Under Exchange Server, enter Exchange3.hdsb.org
- Check Use Secure Connection (SSL). Do not check use client certificate
- Click NEXT. Choose Sync settings (DO NOT CHOOSE Sync SMS)
- When complete, you will use the built-in email app in Android
There are several different types of Android devices and each may be slightly different. If you are having issues, there is a website that has specific information on configuring ActiveSync for specific Android devices at http://hosting.intermedia.net/support/kb/?id=1835